Monday, June 4, 2012

Back from the Past Future

It's been a busy month around here.  It always seems that as soon as May hits things start rolling along and before you know it June has arrived.  Lots of stuff to talk about so lets get started.  The last time I posted I was working on outfits for the Steampunk World's Fair in Piscataway, NJ.  I actually got most of the costuming bits done and packed my biggest suitcase, along with a train case and a hat box all for 48 hours of fun and wardrobe changes! 
 These were my partners in crime.  I'm on the right and my sister is in the middle and my awesome and talented friend Dawn is on the right.  We greatly enjoyed the happy hour at the Embassy suites each night before we set out for the revelry. 
And here is my friend John looking totally swanky in his outfit.  I had a ton of fun putting this all together because he just lets me pick the whole outfit, and wears it very well I must say. 

There was shopping!  Amazing costumes and people to meet!  Concerts for every taste!  Seminars (I always want to go to them but I never actually manage to DO it) and just general fun.  We decided to throw a picnic on the grass this year, complete with mimosas in from silver coffee pots.  A kind person caught this great shot of us enjoying a fabulous day. 

I also managed to document a few of my costumes this year, two of them are below.  I love an excuse to play dress up!

So if Steampunk seems cool to you, I suggest making time to get to next years Steampunk Worlds Fair.  I'll see you there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment